I received the following email this week asking for applications for a United States-Canada youth exchange. They are looking for youth participants and adult mentors. There is no cost to apply and all travel expenses are covered by the Youth Ambassadors Program.
We thought you might be interested in hearing about the Youth Ambassadors Program with Canada. This is a three-week exchange for Canadian students and adult mentors to visit the United States. The goals are to promote mutual understanding between the United States and Canada, increase leadership skills, and position youth to make a difference in their communities. This summer’s trip will take place from July 17 to August 6th. The group will visit Ottawa, New York State, and Washington, D.C.
There is no cost to apply and all travel expenses are covered by the Youth Ambassadors Program. Applications are competitive.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2017
Youth Applicant Requirements:
- Canadian citizen
- 15 to 18 years old
- At least 4 months of high school or CEGEP remaining (no June 2017 grads)
- Demonstrated interest in the United States
- Commitment to implement community service project
- Interested in home stay experience
Adult Mentor Requirements:
- Canadian citizen
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting youth
- Interest in a continued mentorship role
We especially encourage applicants:
- who have not previously visited the United States
- who are new Canadians
- who are of indigenous heritage
The Youth Ambassadors Program with Canada strives to reflect the geographic, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of Canada.
We ask that you distribute this information to anyone you think might be interested in applying (either as a youth applicant or as an adult mentor).
For more information and application forms, please visit:
United States Consulate General Halifax