It seems that the community of Rusticoville is no longer recognized by the Department of Transportation (and perhaps the provincial government as a whole) when drivers licenses are issued. Instead the community of Anglo Rustico is used. This is a concern for the residents of the community of Rusticoville.
Note that Google Maps recognizes this community as separate and distinct from Anglo Rustico.
I contacted the Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy and they quickly got back to me with the cause and a resolution to this issue.
- Mailing addresses are derived by the postal codes supplied by Canada Post.
- The postal code is typed in and then the communities are displayed.
- Rusticoville does not display as a choice provided by Canada Post.
- However, it can be manually typed in for the civic address by the Access PEI staff person.
- When it is typed in manually Rusticoville will appear for the civic address / community on the drivers license.
So, the Highway Safety Division (HSD) will be sending out a note to Access PEI staff, reminding them Rusticoville can be manually typed into the Civic Address field of the HSD database for those requesting this designation on their driver’s license.
Of course the mailing address for Canada Post / postal code will show Hunter River unless the customer has a mailing address at a different location in PEI such as Charlottetown etc.
For anyone with questions or concerns on this matter, you can contact Graham Miner using the information below.
Thanks to the Minister and her staff for a quick resolution to this matter!
Graham L Miner
Dept of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy
Acting Director\Highway Safety Division
33 Riverside Dr. Charlottetown PEI